to South America and beyond

8.28.2006

arrival!

i have arrived in quito, ecuador! after several conversations with transportation people and my fellow hostel tenants i have learned one thing only: my spanish is ridiculously bad. pero esta bien because i will only get better with practice. most interactions get resolved, with a little multi-modal communication, but es mas dificil! what a day of communication breakdown for the future speech-language pathologist! my one perfectly successful conversation went like this: me: "cuales tipos de jugo tiene?", flight attendant: lists types, me: "naranjado por favor." hey, it´s a step.

my current living situation is la hostal centro del mundu in la mariscal, which is a part of quito. i´m sharing a dorm-style room with four other people, all super-friendly. my first order of business was to take a nap after not sleeping through my overnight flight (fun). i´m still going on only about 2 hours of sleep, so today will not be a wild and crazy adventure in quito. tomorrow is another story.

1 Comments:

Blogger wjackalope said...

yay! You're there! And to think, I had my first day of work today. You're lookin like the smart one now.

9:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home